Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Meaning Of The Word LIFE:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on October 3, 2001 00:55:42 UTC

My dear Alexander,

As I read your analysis, I remembered reading a passage in a book by Doctor T.H.Janabi.

.... These discoveries emphasized the fact that these compounds are only chemical compounds like any other, bearing no relationship to life. If we want to say that the existence of organic material leads to life, we can start from an earlier point and say that the existence of matter itself leads to life. Kim Marshall, in her book 'The Story of Life from the Beginning to you', points out that "the experiments that made amino acids and nucleotides bases in bottles were very interesting, but there was just one problem." (How simple, just one problem. What is the nature of this problem?) She explains: "These molecules had no energy of their own. They couldn't eat or move around or reproduce." It makes me wonder; if these substances are expected to eat and reproduce - in other words to become ALIVE - why is a dead man not expected to rise from death, or a dead piece of wood expected to grow into a tree? What is the difference between dead organic material, made in a bottle, to become alive, and expecting a dead mule to get up and run? To some minds the first possibility is scientific, but the second absurd. In other words it is not crazy to expect the amino acids to feed and reproduce but it is crazy to expect the dead piece of wood to eat and reproduce. The way I see it; it is more plausible for a former living cell to come back to life than for organic material to become alive, because at least the dead cell possesses everything else that was alive which the organic substance doesn’t have. What is not appreciated is that the combining of matter in various forms is no more than "playing" with matter, whether in big size or small portions. Understanding how the living cell works dose not lead to the understanding of the inner meaning of life, nor dose it lead to its creation. We know what the earth is made of, and how the solar system works, but we can never make anything similar... even on a small scale.

--------------------------------------------------
Allah informs us through the Quran:

Surah 22 verse 73: "O mankind! A similitude is coined, so pay ye heed to it: Lo! those on whom ye call beside Allah will never create a fly though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly took something from them, they could not rescue it from it. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought!"

Surah 22 Verse 074 "They measure not Allah His rightful measure. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty."
Allah informs us through Jesus (peace from Allah be upon him):

a) < http://www.barnabas.net/barnabasP105.html >

b) < http://www.barnabas.net/barnabasP106.html >

I hope the above helps you understand the meaning of the word LIFE.
You wrote:
And you mean the same logic for god, right?

Reply:
The G_D I am referring to is eternal and thus has no need of a creator and there is no other deity before or after this G_D or equal or more powerful and more knowledgeable than this G_D. Mental seeing will reveal this G_D to those who are incline to listen well. Allah is the eternally first and the eternally last, the eternal beginning and the eternal end without whom there is no beginning to life. (created life as we know it without which only Allah continues to live as the only alive person [person not like us but with what the word person may imply as in alive knowledgeable and with a will that has no rival] while the death/dead/nonexistence can not realize because they are dead or do not exist.

With Love & Understanding,

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins