Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Thinking Of It In Another Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William Vandenberghe on October 2, 2001 21:04:57 UTC

Hello,
I'm new to this forum; and my english isn't perfect either so forgive me if i would make mistakes.

I'm not really thinking of objects in the context given as you do. What you refer to as an object, i see that as a small part of the universe; in such a way that it is just a part of a 10-dimensional (well i'm not sure about the 10 but it will have at least five dimensions) graph. Look at it as you would look to the 2-dimensional euclidian plane (which i hope u know from maths). The universe is represented by the entire graph.
An object like this computer in front of me, or myself (that's the way u think of an object, right?); is just a part of that graph of which the coordinates of the border are given. In analogy on the 2-dimensional plane we could look inside of a given circle or inside a given square, or inside an irregular form.
Then i think you can better understand the "exist" or the "non exist"; the 0 or the 1 s of an (object). In a graph a point is there or isn't there. So an object (like myself, my pc, ...) is a (infinitily large) collection of 0s and 1s.
And an object (again i'm refering as the things we call objects in our daily life) can't "exist or not exist" in the same manner as a point "exists or doesnt exist".

I couldn't find an easier way to explain; sorry.

Hope i could help/learn

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins