Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Encore

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on October 2, 2001 17:00:40 UTC

Mario,

I didn't have Alex in mind when I mentioned small minds, I was talking about Luis Hamburger. This guy has a long history of harassment which goes back to the counterbalance forum. He thinks he's so smart, I think he's an a... never mind. Suffice it to say he is one of the reasons I avoid discussing spirituality on the internet; it's no fun being a target of hateful people.

As to Alex, I think he is quite smart, it's just that he doesn't realize he is a great physicist and a lousy philosopher. I do get his point about the conflict between our knowledge of nature and supernaturalism, it's just that there isn't a lot of stuff about this universe that we really understand. His faith in math as the ultimate explanation for everything is as irrational and unjustified as the beliefs he's trying to mock. That's his only problem.

Harv,

I often express my admiration for your erudition, but the thing I really like about you is that you have a heart of gold. Between the lines of your professor talk I can see a lovely child, and it's very hard to find both together. Even though we never met I consider you a great friend. And it's a small world so be sure our paths will still cross. If not in this life, certainly in whatever comes next.

Take care everyone

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins