Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Excellent Post, Alex!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on October 2, 2001 16:26:33 UTC

Hi Alex,

Even though it might be true that you have said all those things before, I think you did a superb job of condensing and organizing them into such a strong and convincing argument.

Since I don't know how to classify myself, and I am not impressed by anyone else's attempts to classify me either, I cannot respond to your post representing believers, non-believers, scientists, atheists, theists, believers in Santa Claus, or any other identifiable group. I can only represent myself and try to express my own views.

I found your post to be an excellent mirror to hold in front of me to help me examine myself and my own beliefs. I regret that I don't have sufficient time to discuss my self-analysis with you in detail. It might also be the case that even if I had the time, you might not want to spend much time considering my views anyway, so it's probably just as well.

Instead, let me just tell you about some of the images I see of myself in your post.

>>>So, it looks like recently believers decided NOT to define god AT ALL>>It is FAILURE OF RELIGION to tell what is it they (believers) are talking about (what is god).> in desperate attempts to not lose their face they try to come up with ANY idea of murky "somebody" which would somehow fit scientific facts.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins