Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Missing The Point That I'm Not Allowed To Have

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 2, 2001 00:41:35 UTC

Luis,

I think you are missing the 'big picture' here. Let me talk about another planet for a second.

A planet a long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away began to evolve life. Two billion years went by and not a creature stirred not even an amphibian. However, something changed on this planet, quite suddenly, creatures and plants of all types began to grow in the oceans, lakes, ponds, and on land. Suddenly life was everywhere evolving and going extinct.

For millions of years this took place and then one day, of all the millions upon millions of species that had ever lived and still live, *one* species became smart enough that they were able to not only become the most effective predator, they began to experiment with other species on that planet. Some of those species they gave more redness, some they made taller, and some they made leaner. Some grew hair, while others were made to glow in the dark. Suddenly, all within seconds in comparison to the history of life there were changes that no one could control. The biosphere of that planet was completely changed. Unfortunately the intelligent creatures that caused all of this did not have another planet to flee once they changed the complex biosphere by which they evolved...

Maybe this will help you see the bigger picture.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins