Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Buried Alive... With Lots Of Dung

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on October 4, 1999 16:10:01 UTC

: Your theory is very fascinating, but I'm skeptical nonetheless. Perhaps you can prove me wrong.

"It seems the bones that comprise the skull and facial structures in humans never stop growing"

Is this really an accurate assesment? I've heard that hair continues to grow after death, but only for relatively recent amounts of time after death. Once all out decomposition sets in (several hundred years), I'm sure this process has stopped, and microorganisms have ensured that human tissue is recycled into fly food (I've never heard of a mummy that's expected to weigh more after, say 1000 years then when he was alive). Furthermore, this theory rejects the carbon dating method, which is rather well established.

And to your second point. "thru time, one would expect to see an increase of genetic-borne maladies such as cancer, diabetes militis, multiple sclerosis, alztimers etc., as more mis-information is introduced into the human genome."

I don't think your conclusion is a sound one. Perhaps a rise in these diseases should be more attributed to the fact that we've developed better treatment for these diseases. Hence, people with diabetes no longer live drasticaly shortened lives, but live long enough to reproduce, thus passing on their maladities on to their children. Modern medicine has succeeded in extending lives far beyond the age of reproduction, nearly everyone in north america can expect to live long healthy lives (that is, if you're not gunned down in a church or a school). Hence, one would certainly expect a rise in these diseases simply because natural selection has failed to select the best suited with humans.

Finally, I'd like to add, that many theist go rummaging through the bible to support findings they've produced, but fail to take into account all the times the bible has been wrong. For instance the bible states that the world is flat, and that the sun revolves around the earth.

I'd love to hear from you bzrd.

P.S. Yes, I'm rather obsessed with dung.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins