Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
In Memory Of... The Dearly Departed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 29, 2001 16:25:26 UTC

You wrote:

Nothing matters at all. If your whales were to die, they would only be forgotten.

I respond:

How true, but will be in memory until that or those forgetful moment(s).

People often wonder what happens after we die. I say that it's possible that it's the same thing that happens before we are born. Nothing.

Our parents do the wild thing. Sperm meets Egg, and it goes on from there.

You (and I), leave a memorable wake through the walk of life (kinda like a ship does on the ocean). The more of a "wake" (impression) that we leave the longer the memories last in others. I think that's it. Is there an afterlife? Who knows. I guess I will or wont find out until that moment.

But it seems to make sense to me that there is no impression that is made before birth and that is what happens after death. It's just memorable moments in others minds that lives on. (s to speak). And how others are impressioned by you and live their lives whether you are still living or not.

Yes?

Peace

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins