Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's About Time. Don't You Think...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 29, 2001 08:25:38 UTC

OK.

In a discussion forum, you can discuss anything that you desire. Do we agree? Ok. Let's continue shall we.

The main topic of this forum, the intended direction or shall we say the suggested purpose is to discuss GOD and Science. Do we agree? Ok.

So, what do we do. We can continue to discuss GOD and Science or we can talk about politics, morals, information/propoganda, etc...

Well before I continue I will admit that within the last two and a half weeks that I have not stayed within the bounds of the suggested/intended line of discussion. I have posted limericks/poems, news clips, opinions, etc. about current events around the world that have been devistating to us all. I will not minimize what has happened nor will I attempt to minimize what will be in the future. Because as sure as these words are typed on the screen here, I believe that we all have not seen the end of the so called, what reuters calls, militant acts, and what the rest of us call plain ole hard core terrorism and lucid/heinous crimes against our children, women, and men. It's down right disgusting. I will not discount that at all.

So I am guilty of feeding into what I am going to complain about or raise concern to what has been going on in this forum over the last two and a half weeks.

Again, anybody has the right, to talk about whatever they want, anything. I am a freedom of speech/choice believer on an infinite level of nth percent. But what I see here, and I know most, if not all will agree, that we have steared away from the topic(s) at suggested hand.

I do not mind so much that we use this as an avenue to vent our feelings with respect to recent unfortunate events, but the "weather" as I will call it, in this forum, is getting a bit inclement. I see that political and religious insinuative shots are being taken. Not 100% by all. Don't get me wrong, I do see posts that are of the intended nature with respect to forum's topic being posted, and agreements/disagreements of likewise nature, but there are certain topics, links, and words being thrown down on this electronic tablet that I, being Jewish, will simply call "UnKosher". Not because we should not say what we think etc., but because this is a volatile time and it's very difficult in my opinion to tread lightly. Walk carefully in between the landmines as they say.

I don't know. I see a bit of animosity going back and forth. I see personal buttons being pushed.
Please, I do not condemn a person for standing up in what they believe, that goes for all sides.

But that's what I see, is a bit of unrest, and conversation that goes off the beaten path a bit.

Do I want it to stop? Well to be honest I would not like to see people get upset/angry. Maybe thats insinuating that people should not be real with each other, but that's not the message I give here. I want to let everyone know that this is what I see going on in this forum. Again, I am as guilty as the next. I too have vented.

Can we try and get back on the road of our discoveries/faiths/beliefs/findings/facts.

It's about time, don't you think?

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins