Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
True Muslims Condemn Terrorism!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on September 27, 2001 11:42:16 UTC

In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRESIDENT BUSH AGAIN MEETS WITH U.S. MUSLIM LEADERS

(WASHINGTON-DC, 9/26/2001) - In the second meeting with U.S. Muslim leaders
in just two weeks, President Bush today said the "teachings of Islam are the teachings of peace and good." Groups represented at the meeting included the American Muslim Political Coordination Council (AMPCC) as well
as other national American Muslim and Arab-American organizations. (The AMPCC consists of American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Council on American-Islamic Relations, and Muslim Public Affairs Council.)

"PRESIDENT BUSH: ...the outpouring of support for our country has come from all corners of the country, including many members of the Muslim faith, and for that I am grateful.

"I appreciate the contributions of time, the contributions of blood to help our fellow Americans who have been injured. And I'm proud of the -- I'm proud of the Muslim leaders across America who have risen up and who --
and not only insisted that America be strong, but that America keep the values intact that have made it so unique and different, the values of
respect, the values of freedom to worship the way we see fit. And I also appreciate the prayers to the -- the universal God.

"And so I want to thank you all for coming. I don't know if you all remember the imam was -- led the service at the National Cathedral. He
did a heck of a good job, and we were proud to have him there.

"DR. MUZAMMIL H. SIDDIQI, PRESIDENT OF THE INDIANA-BASED ISLAMIC SOCIETY OF
NORTH AMERICA (ISNA): Thank you.

"PRESIDENT BUSH: And I want to thank you very much for the -- the gift you gave me, Imam, the Koran. It's a very thoughtful gift. I said, 'Thank you very much for the gift.' He said, 'It's the best gift I could give you,
Mr.
President.' I appreciate that very much."

"We are encouraged that the president has been consistent in his statements supporting religious diversity in our society. American Muslims will
continue to condemn terrorism in all its forms while at the same time working to defend civil liberties in this country and around the
world," said Council on American-Islamic Relations Board Chairman Omar Ahmad,
who was invited to today's meeting but could not attend. CAIR was represented at the meeting by the AMPCC's delegate Dr. Maher Hathout.
- END -

E-MAIL - cair@cair-net.org

-----

To SUBSCRIBE to or UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, go to: http://cair.biglist.com/cair-net/

-----

CAIR
Council on American-Islamic Relations
453 New Jersey Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
Tel: 202-488-8787
Fax: 202-488-0833
E-mail: cair@cair-net.org
URL: http://www.cair-net.org

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins