Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think The Key To Confessing...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on September 24, 2001 21:41:45 UTC

is to outwardly admit you've done something wrong. According to many people, this Christian nation has done very little wrong. And that stems from a poor eduction of American History, aka not past 3rd grade. I learned of the atroscity of the Mexican War in the 5th grade for crying out loud. We are a nation that doesn't recognize our faults. I think the realization of the faults is worth something. No, it doesn't change what has been done, but it does point out that we know what we did was wrong, and that in itself, is worth something.

As for the war, it doesn't matter. The US is doomed. Maybe tens of millions will die in ways we haven't thought of yet. These attacks are not justified. Nothing in our history would justify such a scale of attack, well maybe our treatment of the natives. However, the attacks that will probably come in the future are uninstigated. We are being killed by a general who probably doesn't even believe in his own words. He is using soldiers that are convinced in the word he speaks. This can't be stopped by killing those in Afghanistan. The soldiers are already here. They may drive our trains, pilot our ferries, drive our trucks with hazardous materials. They may work in the nuclear power plants or on our military bases. They may even be in Congress. And don't think that these terrorists are all Arab. I am willing to bet they have a few white terrorists in the band, the Aces, I'd say. The ones that can do the most damage. So targeting the Arabs would be futile, for the most damage may come at the hand of white converts. War won't solve a thing. We'd be bombing a nation that doesn't have the terrorists in it. We must defend ourselves. But that is impossible. We can't arrest every Arab! That would be cynical and evil. We must just survive and hope the plans are revealed and stopped before they are enacted.

If we are to win, we must lose not another soul in the US. For if the scale of the terrorist attack raises to those unimaginable numbers, a nuclear strike will occur, and that is unacceptable. I am scared. That is why I'm trying like heck, getting serious headaches in the process, of finding a solution to our unique problem. You all must do the same.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins