Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Confused Student Of Islam (Peace) Asked A Good Question:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on September 22, 2001 04:00:44 UTC

The student of Islam asked:
I do not understand how Osama bin Laden can declare an Islamic Jihad against the US (et al). Doesn't that transgress the tenets of Islamism? Please reply. I am very confused as to how I can reconcile "holy war" with the Islam teachings on your site. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The Muslim replied to him is:

Jihad in arabic means to strive, to do one's utmost. There are two types of Jihad in Islam.
1. Jihad against one's own self (to keep one on a straight path)
2. Jihad in the Path of G_d which includes but not limited to fighting to defend one's property, life or Faith.

Terrorists can declare Jihad and call it Jihad, but their Jihad is in the path of Satan, NOT in the path of G_d.

If the word Jihad is used in its Arabic meaning, then the officers and volunteers working in the relief effort are doing a Jihad, as they are doing their best to find life and bodies in the rubble of WTC. Those people who are grieved, angry and feel rancor are doing Jihad to contain their anger and rancor and remain just. This is Jihad against one's self.

Satan is happy to see the instigators at work. May G_d contain Satan and protect us all from his evil. Ameen.

Kindly,
Muslim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins