Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Are Getting To Know One Another Better. This Is Good!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on September 22, 2001 00:52:43 UTC

You Wrote:
And I don't appreciate your assertation that non-believers spend most of their time drunk or doing other "bad activities."

Reply:
We are getting to know one another better. This is Good! You have a valid point. I should have expressed my argument more clearly.

You wrote:
Just because religion feels good doesn't make it valid. A lot of people say that religion must be true because it makes people live good lives. That is the highest possible level of pragmatism. Santa Claus operates the same way.

Reply:
Perhaps you should try and know me better. Perhaps I should express once more how my view of religion is so different to those that you may be describing. (I believe in the words of the Holy Qur'an: "There is no compulsion in religion") It is with this in mind that I chose to write that there should be a time and a place in our schools for prayer. If there are those who do not wish to practice religion it must be mentioned that there are those who do wish to practice religion. Why should the whish-not group get preferential treatment? They have their bars and lounges why should the wish-to group not be permitted to have their house of prayer. (Get it? I go for prayer while you go for some other activity.)

You are absolutely right. I should have expressed myself more clearly.

With Much Love and Understanding

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins