Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This May Answer Your Question(s) Better

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on September 20, 2001 21:08:59 UTC

If the Qur’an is interpreted correctly (or understood in light of Mercy and Generosity) I do not see why not.

Perhaps the difference between my understanding of it and some others (people who belive in violence) who read it is that I believe that humans are very dear to G_D and it is with this belief that I would recommend its use.

To establish the “Kingdom of G_D” on earth as prayed for by Jesus (peace be upon him) and hoped for by all me with good will, a Constitution is needed. Would not most agree?

(Holey Qur’an surah 49 verse 13):

“O mankind! (1)
We created you (2)
From a single (Pair)
Of a male and a female,
And made you into
Nations and tribes, (3)
That ye may recognize
One another
[Not that ye may
Despise each other].
Verily, the most
Honoured of you
In the sight of G_D
Is (he who is) the
Best in conduct.(4)

(1) This is addressed to all mankind and not only to Muslims, though it is understood that in a perfect world, as envisaged by both Jesus and Muhammed (peace be on them), the two (Muslims and mankind) would be synonymous, i.e. the whole of mankind would ultimately submit to the will of the Almighty by becoming Muslims – Muslim hera meaning those who offer total submission to G_D.
(2) “WE” here stands for G_D Almighty. This is a plural of respect and dose not signify duality or trinity of any sort. In all Semetic languages there are two types of plurals: plural of respect and plural of numbers. In the Qur’an when G_D is refers to Himself as “WE” this “WE” is called the Royal Plural”, as kings of bygone days referred to themselves.
(3) Mankind is descended from one pair of parents. The tribes, races and nations are convenient “labels” for the purpose of recognition and also to bring about mutual co-operation, and social harmony.
(4) Since mankind is suffering from spiritual malaise, creating its own false values and standards for discrimination, we are told that the noblest in the sight of G_D is he who is the most pious in his behaviour and attitude. Neither black nor white, rich nor poor, but the “BEST IN CONDUCT”, that is only the morally upright and virtuous, are recognized and given distinction.

You are free to correspond with Muslims and/or others regarding the above or any other matter that may be worrying you. Let us, together, pave the way for the establishment of the kingdom of G_D on earth. I would recommend any one to read the Qur’an in full (if possible get one with the footnotes) because this is the only way we can understand one another. Muslims who read The Old and The New Testament often have a better understanding of the western cultural difficulties and for this reason these Muslims, being that they are more learned, do not use violence to solve their differences.

As ever humble,

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins