Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: WOW!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel/">Greg Armel on October 2, 1999 10:36:20 UTC

Phil.o.sofir: ***WOW, that is a good string of thoughts. There was something in there about god not wanting to decive, if so, we would'nt have to guess or debate about its very existance.

The senses are really only the primary recivers for the master sensing system of our brains, I guess I did not have to state that, thus our abstract/creative abiblities are a product of our evvironment/reality. Evolution is natures scientific method of finding what works given current circumstances.

Ordered workings of the universe, we have created the concept of order for manipulation purposes, and all this is based upon they ways things can fit togeher and the reaction from a random fitting of these pieces. Call it random order, or limited chaos. If one had the ability to track every variable in say the melting of a speck of gold,we know what would happen, and if we dropped this melted gold knowing all the forces (more variables) acting upon it from distances of light years, we still could not predict where every partical will end up, much less tag a single atom of gold during the melting process predicting where this atom will end up before it is dropped at any point intime. So constant change/movement creates unpredictability which is what we call randomness/chaos/and even time. But we do know generally, which in most cases is all we need to predict for practical purposes. Absolute zero is the only way to stop the change which we call time, but all would still exist in frozen change/time, if of course it covered the entire infinite universe. Thus the universe is a perpetual motion entity, there is no more or less movement/change or matter/nothingness in the concept of ininity, just simply more of a concept than we can handle at this point in our movement. But, what if it were possible to atain absolute zero, I do wonder what would happen to the energy/matter if it was caught in this chill? If it was destroyed because matter is dependent upon motion for the cycle to continue, then this little thing I think of would be false. Kinda like taking one of the 3 elements of fire away, and the fire cannot exist, bad example... There was more good stuff in there somewhere but I do believe I'm outof my shoes within this string. Goodthing about these bullitin type boards, they can't tell you to get lost before you fire it out. Shoot first and ask questions later.

Greg: Hey Phil.o.sofir, I believe we have now come to WithiN One Millionth of a degree of Absolute Zero. Something very strange begins to happen at this point. It's hard to describe, but it seems like some sort of crystallized film begins to "grow", even as action should be at a virtual standstill. It is very interesting.

You suggest that we created the idea of order, and yet the entire Universe abides by the Laws of Physics, even to the most minute particle. We perceive the existence of order because order exists at such a level. We might not be able to predict where every particle of gold would end up, considering the awesome number of variables, but each and every particle will end up precisely where the Laws of Physics determine that it should, there is no random event that escapes the Laws of Physics.

And just because each and every person has not perceived God's presence does not mean they are being deceived, just like the limited comprehensive capacity of those who have perceived His Presence cannot precisely define what they have perceived, does not mean they are being deceived. In Time, if we survive, we will understand, and aspire to Be, even as He. It may take all the Self-Aware consciousness in the Universe combined in group consciousness to aspire to realize God Consciousness, but that IS what it's all about. :o)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins