Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Here...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 16, 2001 18:55:04 UTC

I fully support this statement of yours.

Can I add?

I think that word accident is used as an excuse, or simply misused.

Example.

Two cars smash into each other. Why?
People were not paying attention to:

1. conditions.
2. themselves.
3. Others actions.

They got into a car wreck, not an accident.

Or is the word accident used to describe a condition when people did something that they honestly didn't mean to do to another person or some other object.

Generic use.

Another example.

A big rock, hurdling through space, hit's Earth, wipes out the dinosours. I do not believe that it was an accident. But I also believe that it was not on purpose. I could be that it just happened. Is that fair. Though there always is a reason for events, always. Logical or not.

On the other hand I do not discount the fact that another force, GOD or not, could or couldn't of played a role in the event. I wasn't there.

Fair enough.

Peace

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins