Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Would Imagine...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 16, 2001 18:34:29 UTC

I would imagine that people would eventually know where a religions direction is headed. The people will become disbelievers. Soon enough there would not be any believers left. Obviously revealing only the truths. No believers...

A very close friend of mine, got involed with a cult. Maybe this is not a good example but I'll try. He was there for a long time. He was really getting into what they had to say. Right or wrong. Well then one day, the leader of the cult made a statement that he was in fact GOD. My friend left, immediately, no questions. Alot of that existence was a good thing. They were pure vegitarians, they did nice things for people at no charge. They grew their own food, etc...

Again, maybe not the best example, but I think that if a religion really starts to stear people wrong, or gives false impressions, that soon enough, the believers become disbelievers.

Sometimes that's not always the case. Like that group from California (San Diego) that killed themselves because the thought that they could hitch a ride on a comet.

It's very apparent that religions like Judiasm, etc.. do not go to those extreems.

I would like to to make a statement though about those non radical religions.

Regardless of whether GOD exists or not. People would like to have a few things in life.

1. They wish to belong. It's this human factor thing. I think.

2. They want to do what is good for themselves and others.

Hey don't get me wrong. I do know a couple of Atheists who lead wonderful lives and are very good people, self guided, awesome. There is nothing wrong with that. Forgive me if I say, GOD love 'em.

Some people feel they need guidance, and that the guidance the seek is good.

But I will say this.

I do not appreciate when people who don't believe in GOD make statements telling me that "I'm Ignorant" for believing in something that I can't see or have proof of. To be fair, I also don't like when I'm told that the GOD I worship is not the right GOD or real GOD. I have my faith, that is my right to believe. Right or wrong. Yes?

I am a very analytical person, and I do, for the most part need things to be proved to me, I don't just take things for granted or on faith. Except for one. Can I have that. Am I allowed.

I don't believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that I've ever stated, on this forum, that things ARE a certain way. I always let people know that IT'S A BELIEF of mine. That disqualifies me from telling people that they are wrong. This forum is a very volatile place for discussions of these matters, especially when mixing GOD and Science together. I tread lightly, no matter how I feel about a topic. Please keep in mind, that if I do spout off, and appear to tell someone that they are wrong. I should be called on it, and please know that my intentions are not that. I have just conveyed it differently than I intended. That happens every so often. I am not perfect, that is for sure. I'm glad I'm not...

Peace

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins