Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Friend Said Exactly The Same Thing.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 16, 2001 17:36:15 UTC

My friend and I discussed the fact of "monitoring"

Don't get me wrong. I really, when it comes down to it, do not want people monitoring me, even though my opening discussion thread gives the OK.

I just want this, like we all do, to stop, and gave the government the OK to monitor. I would imagine that the government has to know where to "Draw the line" so to speak. I am an upstanding citizen. Sure I accidentally blow a red light occasionally and go 75mph in a 65mph, I'm sure most of us do, but I don't turn myself in to the nearest police station and say I broke that particular law, I just be more careful next time.

I do like our government, just not 100% of the individuals elected - because of on how they act, but I do fully back what they stand for. Not just because of this incident and the retributitive statements being made. Policies and laws that should be followed by some elected officials aren't, and sometimes it appears that those elected individuals do whats best for them and not us. I guess that's no different from some of the average joe citizens out there. I'd rather be here, than any where else. Hey, at some points in time, I feel that it's a "lesser of two evils" sentiment, but for the most part, I am proud to be an American and to walk this great nation.

Because of our basic principals/beliefs I am able to write this/these statement(s) knowing very well that I will not be persecuted because of it. I may get slammed by fellow Americans stating "Oh, how can you think that way" or "That's un-American", but that's what makes this country great. What I also love about this country is that our core beliefs are not about killing. It's about freedom, and fairness (as much as we can) We, I'm sure as angry as we are about this incident, did not just go right in and attack the suspected countries/people. We need to make absolutely sure who it was before we serve justice. My belief is that other countries/leaders who were not exactly sure would have gone right in an attacked/taken over, killing and maming. I would not be proud to be in a country like that.

Don't get me wrong, I am very well aware that our system does not always work as well as it should, but we are always working towards making it work to the best of our abilities. And strive to keep an individuals rights, even when they are wrong, in tact.

I have a dream. Can I keep on dreaming? Can I share it with you? Can I make that dream happen?

That's what I think it's all about.

Peace your way. Always

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins