Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Future: Yes Or No!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on September 15, 2001 06:04:58 UTC

To All,

I have been slow to comment. These are times which require careful thought. One prayer which comes from my heart: God save me from those who know what ought to be done!!!

I am astounded by the comments of Colin Powell. Perhaps we have a person of intelligence and careful thought in a position capable of swaying the actions of those in power. We are indeed in a war against terrorism. This cannot be a quick and easy solution. It must be a concerted effort against those evil forces which drag mankind into the morass of evil irrational action. It is a war!! A war against ignorance. It can be won!! But it will take a commitment beyond anything conceivable at this date.

It must be a war. I might liken it to the difference between the lines of action by the British in the American revolution and those who fought from behind trees. We must use the tactics of the terrorists! But not the actions. In today’s world, the communications allow an action of such coherence that the battles of prior era’s bare little resemblance to the battles required today.

We need an army!! An army with the same organization as those devoted to terrorism; but an army devoted to civilization. We need a new army!! An army, with communications and organization as quick an decisive as that used by these terrorists. An army of millions! But not an army of retaliation; rather an army of defense. An army capable of protecting the interests of the common man!

Perhaps Colin Powell is in fact a man capable of bringing forth such an army. If that is the case, then we have hope. If not? Then the world has endured times of similar catastrophe many times in history. We will read about it in the history books for years to come!

Rest with hope --- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins