Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jesus Shared Our Suffering

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on September 14, 2001 01:17:23 UTC

Christianity teaches that through Jesus, God shared in our suffering.

To exist, is to be self-referent, self-determining, free, responsible. If humans trusted more in Existence (and I'm a human too, not from outer space, so I wish I had more guts to do this); not a hair on their heads would be harmed.

All the rot in human affairs gets transmitted externally- when they were newborn babies the so-called terrorists were just as loving as the victims were when they were babies.

The one weakness in mankind seems to be that babies find instead of dying under duress, they compromise themselves rather than be 'crucified' by a blind, ignorant, and lost adult world.

After experiencing say thousands of coercions and misunderstandings, the loving baby has become an adult with a block in their personal recall of their own history; and they have built a compromising act or pretend-life so deep that they have become strangers to themselves.

"Love your enemies", "Do good to those who hurt you", "Offer no resistance to injury", "Turn the other cheek", "My yoke is easy, my burden light"- what does one make of these quotes?

If my recall of events in my newborn infancy is correct: humans 'change state' shortly after birth. This change is reversible. Change back and for starters you probably can (a) detect other's thoughts (telepathy), (b) teleport yourself.

Those two capabilities appear part of human nature (accessible only in 'holiness' so inaccessible to mis-use). Hijacking? You'd know their thoughts before they did it. Danger? Teleport away from there. I sure would like to have those options.

Every so-many weeks; in the US as many unborn are slaughtered by persons in the US as died in the recent terror. I admit it's easy to say "do not harm the terrorist associates in any way", which seems to create practical problems, but it never does any good to get into a Northern Ireland or Middle East retaliation sequence does it?

Why do the media relatively ignore far larger casualties in Rwanda etc.? and the abortion industry? One death is one too many. God is not indifferent; He is in every atom of every human.
What would happen if the US 'retaliated' by shutting down their baby-killing industry, saying "Time to stop the rot being externally transmitted from generation to generation. Time to stop coercing, and try to understand, babies more. Time to stop the war against the concept of personal responsibility. Time to learn from babies?"

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins