Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well Maybe Not "holier-than-thou", But

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 14, 2001 01:01:40 UTC

I can see where you see it that way. In my personal life, I have not been to kosher (in my eyes), and with recent events the way they've turned out, I have been upset. So, not that I use GOD or religion as an excuse, because I don't, but I guess I tend to get that way (a bit 'holier-than-thou'). This, I hope, will not be taken wrong, but I think it's my way of self correcting without intention of putting myself on a step ladder with respect to others belief direction.

I do not practice my religion very heavily, maybe I should do more. But I try to do good things as much as possible. Sometimes I get caught up in myself. As it was once said in a movie (not quoted verbatim) - I was so busy trying to look good, that I forgot how to be good.

Maybe this is T.M.I. (Too Much Information) for this forum with respect to my personal, but your right. I may have got that way. It will settle.

I make no excuses, I try and be as real as I can, I try to understand, but I will always speak my mind, and what's in my heart.

When I get upset a bit, it does relflect in my writing, and sometimes you will see that.

With all good intentions in mind.

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins