Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Religion Is An Excuse... Bah Humbug

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 13, 2001 04:20:42 UTC

I am very very very angry at what happened to innocent civilians etc...

But I am furious at those people who suggest that religion is an excuse for killing. You must be including me then. I am religious. I do not kill. I do not kill. I do not kill.

I do not use religion as an excuse for anything.

Some people may. I do not...

I take offense! Very much so.

So, are those people who make claims that religion is an excuse for killing is that a general statement? They should really consider retracting that statement, and point it towards individuals who do use it as an excuse. They should also point it towards those societies who believe that killing is an acceptable means of dealing with things.

Once again, I will say, I have not been angry in this forum. Towards anyone. Until the last few days. When unfair shots have been taken.

This makes number two.

We are all saddened and angry at what happened.
Think before pulling the trigger on thine mouth.

I know that I am not the only one who would be offended by this.

Peace

That's what my religion has told me is ok. Actually it's my GOD that paves the way for it.

True peace, through peaceful means.

No excuses.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins