Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not For Long...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 12, 2001 22:22:46 UTC

Not to worry, escalating global violence should help town down our overpopulation problem. So there's nothing to worry about. :)

I remember when I was like 6 or 7, we were still in the Cold War (though it was almost over) and my Dad decided to explain the situation between us and the Soviet Union.

"Well, you see, son, over in Russia they have a huge army of soldiers that are always ready to come over here and kill us all. But, we don't have to worry! We have a guy in a concrete hole deep in the ground, with his finger on a red button. And if Russia tries to get us, he just pushes the button and the world explodes. So, you see, we don't have anything to worry about after all!"

Well, it IS kinda funny in retrospect...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins