Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Specifically...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on September 12, 2001 17:26:20 UTC

I speak with anger for a damn good reason. One of the perks (or hindrances) of being young is that when we feel something, we say it.

I saw videos of Palestinians yelling 'god is great' etc. in their streets as a result of the slaughter of thousand(s) of nonmilitant civilians. They believe that America and the spread of Democracy is the end of their world. They have faith their god is right. You people, although you are a good deal more intelligent and peaceful than them, have faith in your god. Who is right? Surely you both can't be right. All of you and them have faith. No clear-cut and fruitful response has ever been given in this forum or in any other discussion that I am aware of; the only usual response is useless rhetoric which sidesteps the issue.

I openly condemn the US's actions in many places around the world, including much of the Middle East. I just as openly condemn the actions of these zealots (I don't care if they are behind it or not, although the evidence seems to point to bin Laden, who HAS DECLARED A JIHAD AGAINST THE US) take after all of these innocent people have died.

What I said earlier was not intended as a 'low blow,' but as a wake-up call. Hello! All these conflicting religions not all can be right. Fanatics and zealots who have no regard for their own lives, let alone the lives of others, believe they are going to meet Allah in paradise or heaven or whatever.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins