Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I Wanted To Let This One Go By...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by E.T. (Non-Believer) on July 15, 1998 06:53:03 UTC

: : The problem is people deny it with different strengths... : : SOME of us have realised the truth, and we know we'll probably never in our lives be able to understand WHY we live.. WHY we die.. >> In other words, SOME of us have decided to stop trying to understand the world in any logical sense, and have decided to live life according to interpretations of "God". : : Why we get older, what happens after death... You cant prove that the scientists are right, neither can you prove they'r wrong, : : although, you can prove they have ideas, which from time to time fail, cause they find something new... >> This is the nature of science...to get to the closer approximation of the truth, a better description. Yes, you can prove science is right or wrong, that is the core of science and discovery. Religion, however, is an attempt to describe the unknown without proof but with interpretation of those questions that you ask. I would rather live with a tenet of science that is disproven later than with a tenet of religion that stands in ignorance. : : Scientists are only human beings, ironically? No, but humans cant understand the power of God... >> In other words, science is a great thing, as long as it doesn't apply itself towards God. Don't even bother trying... : : Ok, I, for myself, have some majour proves to Gods existance... : : Would I need them to believe? No... >>If you had grown up on a desert island with no religious backround, would you still believe in the same God that you do now? : : I have some happenings in my life that cant be proved with scientific rules... : : They can only be explained with the LOVE OF GOD.. >>I wonder, why don't these "proofs" ever happen to world leaders and scientists, and not just average joe-believer.... : : Cause he does exist, I know it, you do too.. : : Deep inside yourself, its just a matter of time... >>I've heard this before, only from Nazi groups that say "you know that we are right, deep down you know that (place ethnic group of choice here) are inferior". Interesting argument? or ignorant argument? I'm sorry I may sound rude and mean-spirited, but this is the kind of thinking that sinks the whole religious boat. If I were a religious person, I would still not agree with you, not one bit.

Hey , it would be nice to listen to what were those 'miracles' happened to our friend, CASPER. I'll listen with my heart, trust me.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins