Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: My Bad

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on September 30, 1999 20:09:01 UTC

: ***I agree with you on all of these things, I don't know where I misled you, I don't believe in miricals from a god, and agree totally with reigion explaining what could not be explained in the past which now is explained by science. : When I was a very religious man, I experianced many things that it is unusual for a single person to experiance over a lifetime. On example that is not to unbelievable is when I was living in St Thomas where I spent the majority of my youth, as I walked up a seldom used road on one of the higer mountains in the rain, I heard a whistling sound as if someome were blowing over the top of a bottle, as it grew louder it began to come in a series "whooo, whooo, whooo, whooo" : and just as I realized it was coming from above, I looked up and saw a huge toad come out of the sky and land directly in front of me. I was stunned, disbelieving my own eyes. After a moment it began to hop away. Looking back I can understand that it was most likely picked up by a funnel cloud, like raining manna... and was even at that time explained by science. But at the time I had to come up with an explaination, and when I told my tale to others I was either disbelived or told it was a good sign from you know who. The last line in my post my have been a difficult one to make out, what it means is that we created god with our own human biases built in, and that it had to be this way because stories were needed to give a recognizable symbol of god, for it is very hard to comprehend something simply by definitions such as being all powerful, all knowing and all present, so as we created more details, we added in the only things we knew, ourselves. : Sorry about that. : By the way, I have heard of an experiment done in the area of quantam physics I believe it was, using electrons and trap doors which seem to suggest that there is in fact an instantanious back and forth communication between any two points in the universe. Meaning that there is an "awareness" of the entire universe by these particals, or connection you might call it. : Have you heard of it? I might look the professor up and get him to give me some info.

: To your reply, my only response can be "Oh." Come to think of it I'm unsure of where or why I misinterpreted your statement now that I've read it over again. I guess that's why I'm tenacious.

Anyway, the instantaneous back and forth communication you speak of is identical to a concept in a science fiction novel I read, titled "XENOCIDE" by Orson Scott Card; maybe you've read it. In the novel, humans living in the unimaginably advanced society are capable of interplanetary communication through invisible strands that are connected between all atoms in the universe. These humans have created some sort of technology where this kind of communication is possible, only they called these interlinking strands, "philotes." The author goes into an elaborate explanation of how these philotes interact. When I read it at the time, I assumed it was entirely fictional, but now I suppose it might be based on an actual theory. Cool.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins