Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Take Two...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rob on September 8, 2001 02:37:48 UTC

"It doesn't matter. Just because I feel X to be an ultimate proof doesn't make it an ultimate proof, and if someone thinks my position is ridiculous, he doesn't only have the right, he has the responsibility to tell me why he thinks I'm wrong. I don't think we should let someone stew in his or her own juices. If the general mindset of the world is "Believe and let believe," we will have a world with 6 billion views of reality. And almost certainly 6 billion totally wrong views of reality. Oh, sure it would be nice to believe the earth is on the back of a turtle, but are we any worse off for having learned the world is a sphere?"

Response to:

Is that with respect to the individual? The individuals ultimate proof?

Is that 6 billion veiws of reality and 5,999,999,999 wrong views...?

What if we are wrong, and they are right? Is the responsibility their's to prove it to us?

I do understand what you are saying. I have a difficult time believing in ghosts, I really do, and quite few people have told me that they definately exist. As a matter of fact, I don't believe in ghosts at all. I've never seen them. Nor GOD for that matter. But there is one difference. To me.

I have not seen evidence that ghosts exist like a statue, or some sign. But I do see Earth, the heavens (Stars, Galaxies, etc..), Good (From a perspective), Bad (Again from perspective), and do believe that, yes mathematics/time/evolution, can verify it, but just like the BIG BANG, which we have not seen, I believe in GOD too, not to discount the BIG BANG at all, as a matter of fact, I believe that GOD and the BIG BANG happened within a moment or two of each other, if they didn't happen exactly at the same moment.

Peace

The peacemaker

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins