Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Our Science Right?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Beth S. on September 6, 2001 15:53:45 UTC

I once asked a physics proffesor if our science would ever be thought of as naive ignorance in our understanding of physical laws (in the future). He told me that it could never happen because the laws that we have invented/discovered would never change. I asked the same question of a philosophy professor and he gave me the exact opposite answer, he said there isn't a law that we have that hasn't been modified in some way by our increasing scientific discoveries. I can see how they are both right, but both of the answers appear to be mutually exclusive. So which is correct?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins