Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
In The Name Of The Science, The Scientist, & The Holy Hypothesis

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 6, 2001 03:41:32 UTC

When I think of the beginning, GOD or not, in the sense of the physical universe, I think of simple, and not complex. As I view ourselves with respect to our own growth, not just as humans but all life forms, plants etc., I see a pattern, we start out simple, you know, one/two cell organisms, zygotes, to infants and so forth. I view the birth of suns, in our universe, in a very similar light.

Starting out with hydrogen to helium (is that how it goes - hydrogen is burned producing helium?). The nuclear process may be complex (I am not sure - please let me know if I am wrong), but the key properties, from a building block perspective,
hydrogen & helium, have respective atomic weights of 1 & 2 on the periodic table of elements. You can't get more basic then that, or can you.

Now in all fairness, the perspective is from what we know from our measuring instruments etc...

But none the less, I find it fascinating, don't you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins