Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Think I Have Already Answered It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 5, 2001 16:22:02 UTC

I would just claim that present day scriptures are the writings of scientists. In fact, I have already made that claim. In one religion I have sampled, Siddha Yoga, it is suggested that god through humans is just investigating what he/she/it has created.

I am more convinced that the supernatural exists than an all-powerful creator god exists. I do not see too much evidence for that. At the most I see evidence for an imperfect god that makes mistakes . I think it may be likely that god-like beings compared to us rather feeble beings may exist and that they can communicate with us and that in the past these beings were thought to be gods, when they are actually more like saints.

There might be consciousness that could survive the big bang, though I do not see how that could be possible. So I suspect that consciousness developed after life developed. In this view, god evolves from life, rather than creating it. That's my best gut feeling.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins