Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: All Too Human

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on September 29, 1999 16:31:26 UTC

***Yes, and once you put these generalities over to the side, what is left of each and every reigions god is a human being, "gods" anger, love, hate, change of heart, mistakes, pity, sorrow, playfulness, creativity, even lust. It is all there. So by definition it is one of perfection, but in (supposed) actions it is one of al to human imperfection. This is a natural outcome of gods creators bias, it could be no other way.

: You seem to agree with me on the point that the conception of God is that of a magnified man who is still flawed, but a man nonetheless. But how do you determine that any event was an act of God? How do distinguish a random act of nature, from an all out sign or miracle from God? You need to understand that things we once thought were miracles can now be explained through science. For example, it is possible that early man believed fire to be something supernatural, a gift from the Gods to heat and warm them. Of course science explains fire as a natural phenomen, occuring when the conditions of heat, fuel, and oxygen are present. I'm not asking you to prove what actions are God's and which aren't, I merely saying that surely there is some sort of conditions that must be satisfied for something to be deemed an act of God.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins