Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Before The Big Bang

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by ray on July 20, 1999 18:01:17 UTC

I'm not a scientist so take any thing I say with a grain of salt. Any way, Your questions are Intriguing? I have never seen anything writtin about before the big bang. The closest I've seen as far as theories have been about 10^-?? senconds, after the big bang. Also the bubble theory that he wrote about is a possibility. But back to your question. I had a thought concerning relativity. Our Reality is based on relativity. Something is classified Relative to something else. If before the big bang there was "dissolved into free space at 0 Kelvin." then there would be no movement, and the universe would be "homogenous" Therefore the Universe would have nothing to compare itself to. It would be Relative to nothing. Therefore It would not "exist" For example If there was only male and no female, would man be male. the answer is no because there would be no reason to make a distiction in gender because only one existed. Imagine if there were no distictions, then how per se would something exist. Its a paradox. Of course thats just a thought. Another thought is that if everything was "dissolved into free space at 0 Kelvin." what would be the catalyst for the big bang. would would cause it to change from its infinite state? Below I'll give some good links I've found.

http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9404/bigbang.html

http://www.forshang.org/ninthseal/ninthsealeintro.htm

http://www.psyclops.com/hawking/

http://www.lifeintheuniverse.com/

Ray

: I recently read Hawking's Brief History and : enjoyed it.

: A few things perplexed me. There was no discussion : about the nature of the universe prior to the : "big bang", BB.

: Did there necessarily need to be matter a : "Very Long Time", VLT, before the BB?

: As a chemical engineer, I was facinated by this : omission of "nucleation." So much so, that I wonder : that if a VLT before the BB all stuff was dissolved : into free space at 0 Kelvin. Sound absurd? Maybe not : considering the theory that positive and negative : energy pairs can nucleate at the fringe of a black : hole.

: What would the universe look like at that time? : That seems to be easy. There was nothing but free : space at 0 K.

: Would this be ordered or unorderd? That would : also seem to be easy. It would be considered : perfectly ordered with a huge potential for : a very large change in entropy.

: Would there then be a driving force for the : nucleation of stuff? Perhaps.

: Did Heisenberg give us a clue that nucleation : would eventually take place? And presuming that : nucleation happened, what was the rate of growth : of stuff to form a sum equal to the current mass : of the universe? What would the first nucleated : particle pair be?

: Does this satisfy that the total energy of the : universe is zero?

: Finally, if gravitons exist, do other small : particles have no gravity or must a graviton be : paired with every particle/wave?

: What thermodynamic laws have I violated in the : above questions and obvious assumptions?

: These are just some perplexing thoughts that : I have and would appreciate your thoughtful responses.

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins