Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Meade Magellan II Users

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tom Crosby/">Tom Crosby on April 25, 1999 16:03:56 UTC

: We are currently using the Magellan II system from Meade and are interested in having dialogue with other users. Please e-mail if you have one and are interested !

: I just installed the Magellan II on my LX50, but have only had a chance to use it once in the field. The digital RA and Dec readouts match the setting circles perfectly, although I had to mesh the Dec sensor quite snug in order to remove play in the sensor mechanism. I have been trying to communicate with Skychart III with a home-made cable, but have been unable to establish communication. Cable continuity and COM port settings seem to be OK, and the serial option on the Magellan has been turned on. Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins