Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: More Than One Universe?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dirk Sundbaum/">Dirk Sundbaum on April 1, 1999 02:38:02 UTC

To whom, I won't enter into a debate on how the Universe was created other than to say that if one accepts the theory that the Universe was the result of a big bang, then is there any logical reason that this couldn't have happened more than once? That would assume that there was enough mass to cause the Universe to eventually collapse back into one point. Considering the vastness of space, is there any logical reason that there couldn't be more than one Universe? The reason that I question this, is the pictures I have seen of two Galaxies colliding. If all the galaxies in this Universe are moving away from the single point of the origin of the "Big Bang" and, consequently, moving away from each other, then you should not be able to have two galaxies on a collision course. The only way for this to be possible, in my humble opinion, is to have more than one point of origin which suggests more than one galaxy and more than one "Big Bang". I would appreciate your thoughts concerning this idea. Thank you,

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins