Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fascinated By Contradictory Claims Of Aldrin And Armstong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Patrick Tekeli on June 5, 2011 20:50:19 UTC

I have become fascinated recently by the whole moon hoax topic.

For example, I stumbled upon a BBC interview of Neil Armstrong with journalist Patrick Moore from 1970. In that interview, Armstrong states that the only objects he or the other astronauts were able to see from cislunar space were the sun and the Earth. Yet, in Aldrin's recently published memoir(2009) MAGNIFICENT DESOLATION, astronaut Aldrin claimed that he was able to see millions of stars from cislunar space, day or night, actually he said he couldn't tell the difference day from night as one would expect. As I went along looking into this matter, I found astronaut-astronaut contradictions and self contradictions one after another. WILD!!!!!

Michael Collins for example said at the post Apollo 11 press conference he was not able to recall seeing any stars when the astronauts photographed the corona from cislunar space. However, in his memoir, CARRYING THE FIRE, Collins clearly states in this book that the moment of the corona's filming was insanely dramatic with the astronauts first seeing the elusive stars in earnest for the first time in the 230,000 miles they traveled. The sky appeared to them in that moment as a spectacular night sky on the Earth where it is dark and one is witness to thousands of bright stars overhead. How can he possibly not recall that?

I surprised myself and came to the conclusion of all things that these guys must be lying, though oddly I still hold them in high regard as I imagine they have suffered so, for reasons I would probably not agree with , but good reasons for them nonetheless. My heart literally breaks now when I think of Neil Armstrong and the life he has endured. SAD!!

I never thought myself a "kook". I am a physician and studied physics, mathematics and astronomy in college, UC Berkeley. I find a surprisingly great deal of merit to moon hoaxer claims, more in terms of astronaut contradictions , especially the glaring self contradictions.

I am new to this all, any other newbies out there just jumping into this for similar reasons?

DoctorTea in San Francisco

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins