Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thought Speed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Geoffla on October 6, 2006 04:12:36 UTC

Hi, I am a first-time poster, frequent, as of late, reader.

Lately, I have heard discussion of a brand new method of travel, simply called, Thought Speed. The premise is this: I think I am on Mars, therefore my thought travelled to Mars, much faster then the several minutes it would normally take.

A friend of mine was discussing this with his neighbor, who has a PhD in something-or-other, which is the only reason I am taking this idea seriously. Google searches have only turned up geocities sites or sites talking about alien abductions.

I guess my question is, is this a serious topic of research, thought speed, or is it just sci-fi fodder?

Thanks again, and I love this site! Everyone seems so smart =D

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins