Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Question For Wanda

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 27, 2005 13:52:25 UTC

Wanda,

I have a student friend in physics at a leading eastern university who claims you are the Chairperson of a Department at his school. If so, I will not reveal your identity. But I have your email address and wonder if I could communicate with you privately.

I do like what you had to say about Dr.Dick's logic. I kinda skipped over those considerations and addressed his mathematics when I had a discussion with him some time ago on the G&S subforum. At that time he was claiming there were no assumptions in his theory, which I had a problem with. His math seemed to be OK and I thought he developed the theoretical aspects of a rather general symmetry along the lines of Noether.

But it is hardly a theory of everything-or rather in his words, an explanation of anything. Respectable physicists usually under sell their results and allow others to promote them, and perhaps give the results, if important enough, his name. Are you familiar with Tony Smith's work and his website. He also claims to have a TOE that explains string physics, psychology and spirituality and everything in between. He seems to have a few fans but is generally ignored by the physics community. He has never submitted a paper to the Cornell Archives for example. Then again, neither has Stafford.

I also found a recent paper by a physicist from U of Arizona that essentially pre-empts Stafford based on the Fisher Theorem. Forgot his name, but I can find the paper if you are interested.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins