Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Lx-50 Vs C-8

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jace/">Jace on January 23, 1999 04:17:19 UTC

Astronomy's March 99 issue (they send them a few months early to subscribers) has a nice three to four page review of the C8. However, there are many different features that a C8 can have. The plain C8 with no added features is considerably less than the LX50. Basically, the C8 is comparable to the LX10 (which I have) but if money is not in question, I would go with the LX50. My friend has one and has had nothing but joy from it.. BUT, if you can get an LX200, DO IT!

8" LX50 ... $ 1,395 8" C8 ... $ 1,150 (approx.)

The LX50 does NOT come with a tripod which throws in another $300. Im not sure about the C8 but I think it comes with a tripod. And don't forget the $100 to $200 in shipping for whichever you choose. Just buy out-of-state so you don't have to pay tax.

Usually, when it comes to telescopes, especially Meade and Celestron, you get what you pay for.. If something is more expensive... There is a reason.

: I'm looking to purchase an 8"sct but I'm torn between the lx-50 and the celestron c-8.Has anybody got any suggestions.

• Here are the LX50 specs

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins