Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Summarizing Someone Else's Commentary And Concluding With Bs...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on October 17, 2004 23:14:47 UTC

a frequent correspondent wrote:
A Reform or refined interpretation of Genesis is that each day of Creation is a Commenerative Day. That is, it is the beginning of a form of life, but the full expression of each form is expressed in Genesis. For example, plants began first 1.3 By ago. But Genesis also mentions trees and flowers. Other passages in Genesis can be used to justify this interpretation.

However, even allowing for such a liberal interpretation, Genesis does not account for 5 days of extinction. It seems that if there is Intelligent Design, the designer uses trial and error.

By this way of thinking, we also have to refute all the other Creation stories ad infinitum/ad nauseum while shunning relevent communication with those among us who have already moved on
long ago to actually posing new questions which are pertinent to the practical problems of life.
It is time to stop giving these folks the answers for free.
The don't appreciate the enlightenment and their pride requires them to leave it to their great grandchildren to recognize what we recognized in
this generation.
Of course, if he ever grows up, I'll be willing to talk with Yanniru. I don't expect it any time soon. I used to expect it. I am still learning how foolish human beings can be who have had the benefit of education and a career in the life of the mind. But as Paul Martin oointed out (by recommending a reading), Bishop Berkeley described this all 350 years ago.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins