Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
About That Quantum Flow...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on February 4, 2004 10:51:06 UTC

Richard,

Since I haven't read much about this subject, I can't be sure whether what I'm talking about is relevant or if it's just rubbish. :)

I must also admint that I don't know about Dr. Dick and his work.

Well, however... I've had a brief look at Cahill's theory, especially on the most basic parts, and not as much at the part about quantum gravity. If I have understood it all right, everything starts with random noise. Where this noise comes from is irrelevant, since it is the most fundamental level that can be described using logic. This noise, or randomness, must somehow be self referring (SRN, Self Referencial Noise). As I have understood it, this means that every point in the whole universe connects to, and affects, every other point. These connections have different strengths, just like a neural network. A "point" in this case, is not exactly a point in space, but more like a node in a matrix. There is a mathematical description of all this at Cahill's home page, if you are interested. Read the oldest papers...

The system Dr. Cahill describes, is simulated in a computer, and starts to self-organize itself somehow. The connections increase and decrease in strength through this process, and everything seems to stabilize itself in an expanding, fractal, tree-like structure. This structure has the same properties as 3-dimensional space(!), which grows exponantially.

The process itself is an iterative process, which means that everything progresses one step at a time. I believe that's why it's called "process physics".

The "flow" he's talking about in the quantum flow gravity theory, is the flow of space itself. Matter is like a vaccuum cleaner, that sucks space into itself (but where does it go?). The space in its turn is created all the time, which can be seen as the expansion of the universe. Notice how well this theory works with Einstein's general theory of relativity, where spacetime is curved.

Well, that's all I know about this. I have to read more about this subject before I say too much.

/ Alex

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins