Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Additional Dimensions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jurnell Cockhren on December 17, 2003 06:25:22 UTC

Maybe.....Just maybe I might be out of my league when I say this. Given that I'm only a college freshman and only been exposed to optics inside the lab (but outside of school) and classical physics inside the classroom, this may be a little short-sighted. I think the possiblity of over 20 dimensions is ZERO! This stems from one OF THE MANY forms of superstring theory out there. In fact each form can be translated into one another. Yes, 24 dimensions comes out to be the answer when you do the math, but that is exactly what it is.... JUST MATH. You can added all the variables that you want and the math will work IF you use the BASIC principles and rules. And that's my point. The math works out that way because we're using models and systems from quatum physics. In order to get the true answer we must CREATE and entirely new system and set of models. Let's work backwards from the "dimensions." Let's use these ideas (ALL PHYSICISTS ARE FREE TO USE THIS IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH ABOUT THE UNIVERSE): 1. Dimensions are mediums in which forces act. 2. Make a CLEAR distinction between energy, waves, and mass!! Here we must re-define energy and assume that there are NO zero-mass particles. Treat waves as vibrations of/through a medium (include all forms of light for this).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins