Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
8" DOB

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by L Madia on October 13, 2003 19:34:18 UTC

Well, I have ordered the 8" DOB from Orion with the intelliscope option. I believe the larger aperature will help in the prob of light pollution. Also note I have read nothing but good reviews on the Orion DOB line including the 8" DOB. I have a good line of plossl ep's and a good barlow. I might invest in a 4mm ep, but I am not sure. None the less I am looking forward to getting the scope.

The Orion people told me the scope is on back order and will not be shipped to me till the end of this month so I can expect to receive it the 1st week of 11/03.....

I can up until I receive the scope change or cancel my order.

I will keep you all updated and thanks for the help....

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins