Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Next 'scope Will Be....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tuxedo Moon on May 30, 2003 02:59:43 UTC

Here's the rundown... 10 years after getting a department store 60mm refractor (a gift which I've had countless hours of o'fun viwing through -- thinking it's an early 70's Meade/contracted through JCPenny, but I may be wrong) I'm ready for the next step (well, I've been ready for 7 years but thats another story). Here's what I'm considering: Something in a 6" reflector, most likely a dob -- though the table top Meade XT's are also catching my eye (no pun intended.)
On an average weekend I'll gather some friends and we head out to the counry side... about 30 miles or so out of town and look at the available planets, and some easy "deep" targets, and maybe the moon. I'm gaining more interest in the deeper items, but like to impress family with plantary peeks. And being it is a drive to the country side I need portability.
OK, I've rambled, carried on too long and left you with too many typos... my question is, what can I find to meet the best of all worlds?

Thanks in advance.
T.M.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins