Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Clubs

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tom Simpson on May 19, 2003 18:29:50 UTC

You might try starting at this link for Astronomy Clubs. I searched Google.com for this one. There were many others I did not go to.
http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~rhill/alpo/clublinks.html
As far as visual viewing goes. No you can't see all the things that you see in photograph but yes you can. Sorry for the ambiguity.
Jupiter is a marvelous planet in the telescope. Big and Bright and colorful.
Saturn, to a lesser degree the same.
Almost nothing compares to the feeling you get when you first point a telescope at Saturn on a night when you can pump up the power of the eyepiece. The rings and stuff will just blow you away.
Nebulas and Messiers are great viewing experiences on almost any clear night.
Globular Cluster are simply gorgeous.
The trick to better viewing is experience. The longer you look at something in the telescope the more detail you begin to see. Patience, my friend is the key to trully fabulous viewing.
I hope this all helps.
Tom

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins