Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Experiential Difference Between 2 Clocks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Timothy Storer on April 25, 2003 11:08:48 UTC

Ok, so there is pertinence to the fact that the control clock in the previously discussed experiments was not significantly accelerated during the experiment, while the clock in motion that expierienced less passage of time, was not only in motion, but also experienced periodic acceleration.

Maybe you pretty much said that, didn't ya...

Anyway... I've never heard anyone claim that accelerated clock run slower. The claim is always applied to clocks in motion. Certainly acceleration alone does not slow down a clock, or after all that acceleration, we would then see the clock continue to run slow after the experiment is complete. I can see that it is a combination of being accelerated AND experiencing a high rate of motion that causes that apparent slow down of the passage of time.

Something here still does not make sense to me, but I am not sure how to put it into words at this time.

I am interested in studying more about and experiments involving clocks in motion at high velocities, and would appreciate and reading recomendation any of you all have.

:)
timothy48342@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins