Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Is One Of The Theories Of Universe Creation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on March 5, 2003 22:10:34 UTC

i honestly didn't know that. my background knowledge is only from a BS in chemistry almost thirty years ago and a laymans type view in keeping up with science as it marchs on with out my active participation for all these years.
the quantum fluctuation idea is tempting though when one contemplates first causes. but i didn't realize that any one of scientific rigor had proposed such a theory.
i have heard speculation put forth that quantum fluctuations early in the creation of the universe might be at least partly responsible for the evential clumping that lead to the formation of galaxies. i have read some of your posts else where that alludes to axions and string theory having causal factors with respect to the early clumping. unfortunately i could understand little of it as i'm ignorant of string theory and axions for the most part.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins