Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
LX 90 Or LX200

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Ben Gordon on February 5, 2003 10:39:52 UTC

Hi, im having trouble deciding between the Lx 90 and 200. I could have a 90 with a full setup or a 200 with nothing! I want to try astrophotography, but im worried i'll be so bad at it that i'll just give up then feel ive wasted the extra money on the 200 over the 90.
On the Meade website they say that both the LX 90 and 200 have the ISS stored on the Autostar. Can the 90 really track the ISS? How claer does it look?
The final question i have is about ease of use, thing like a 'zero image-shift microfocuser' sounds like a just another gimmick to break on the 200. Really what i want to know is 'Is the 200 worth the extra money and time getting used to its features?' (and can it track the ISS?)

All comment and advice welcome

Cheers, Ben (UK)

P.S. I just bought 'Choosing and using a SCT' which is a good read but is a bit old as has nothing about the LX90!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins