Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Getting Started

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sailcat on December 1, 1998 14:40:36 UTC

You have an adequate amount of capital to purchase a fine instrument. The answer hinges upon another question; what is it you want to observe? Deep sky, planets, and other types of celestial objects might require somewhat different types of telescopes. My first suggestion would be to hitch up with your local astronomy club so you can see first-hand what different telescopes are like and to talk with the people who use them. Read up on the subject, also. Research is important when you plan to spend this kind of dough. I'm positive with a little effort and contact with a group of like-minded enthusiasts, you'll make an appropriate decision! : I am just recently getting involved in astronomy. I would like eventually to get involved in astrophotography. My question is, what would be a good scope less than $2,000 to start with.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins