Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Actually, I'm Not Trying To Persuade...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andy Kidd on August 21, 2002 14:18:44 UTC

anybody to my point of veiw. Just attempting to put things in a form i can 'visualize' and as this is a 'discussion board'.... well, if anybody needs to know the current 'state' of 'official' knowledge then there are plenty of published works on this planet they can consult to find that out.

I say again- does anybody really know if what we see and call 'the universe' is all that exists and nothing existed 'before' it or exists apart from it?

It seems to me that if they need to ressurect Einstein's 'cosmic constant' in order to make their model of the big bang fit then whatever this 'cosmic constant' is may have existed before the big bang [i think surely it's possible that 'the laws of physics' 'existed' before the 'big one'- and were not just 'created' on the fly during this 'event']. Is it not possible that a virtual-particle 'fabric of space', so to speak, was 'there' before the big bang [and consequently contained the 'location' of the singularity and 'driven' by the 'big bang' matter is just permeating this non-something that was [and maybe always] there? [in which case the 'singularity' could have been some kind of 'focal point' for virtual matter that at some point reached some kind of 'critical virtual-mass' and became unstable or something? Or how about this: what if our 'universe' is the equivalent of some type of 'dark matter' 'star' in a 'virtual cosmos'. The 'big bang' equivalent to the 'star's' commencement into fusion stage and the 'singularity' just marking it's 'center' of this fusion start?].

It may alse be possible explain an apparent speeding up of the expansion of the universe [in an effect similar to some virtual-particle experiments done within a vacuum] where the more the matter expands into this 'virtual space' the less virtual space 'outside' the [universal] matter ['hindering' it's expansion] and the more 'inside' ['aiding' it's expansion] [which is where the questions (in my mind) of where the universe and the center of it is comes up].

Please note: my ramblings are nothing more than the 'thought experiments' of me, personally, trying to have as many 'bases covered' as i possibly can.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins