Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
OK Andy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul Johanson on August 20, 2002 12:41:50 UTC

Shapije asked some serious astrophysical questions and I answered them based on what is currently understood about the universe we live in.

Observational evidence and a consensus of the physical and astronomical community support the answers that I gave Shapije.

I'm sorry you're having trouble understanding the physics behind the answers I gave. I'd try to explain it in more detail but I doubt if you would want me to.

I'm also sorry for the way my last response was titled. I had meant to change it because it was impolite but I forgot to go back and do it by the time I ended the post.

With regard to expecting me to "do the same", I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't post Paul's Unsolicited Theory of the Universe. I was answering a question. You certainly have the right to view the universe any way that you please. It's also OK for me to give the version that is supported by the observational evidence and the mathematics.

Stephen Hawking recently wrote that he still gets about three e-mails a week from people who insist that Einstein was wrong.

Anyway, I believe that this whole mess is my fault because I titled my response to your rebuttal, "And you would still be wrong." That was unfortunate and unfair of me, and I apologize. It was very discourteous. Since it is possible to verify the answers I gave by consulting virtually any introductory or layman's book on cosmology, I'm sure the exception you have taken with me is based on how I responded rather than the information contained in my response.

My apologies,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins