Thanks for your response. As it turned out I pulled the cap off the polar shaft and discovered the nut on the shaft was loose. I put a deep well socket up there and all is well. The problem was in that nut. That was about 2 months ago and it is still good to go.
I am shocked Tasco sent you a new mount. That is really a leap in customer service. Perhaps they don't deserve the bad rep they have. I am glad for you.
Note another bit of info on Tasco. The OTA that Tasco uses is probibly the same one that most companies use in the same focal lenth and apperature. The actual difference would be in the accessories. Tasco is famous for supplying low end ep's, finder scopes and the like. I upgraded my ep's and barlow from what Tasco provided to some GTO Plossls from Hand On Optics and also purchased a shorty barlow by Celestron. It has made a big difference especially the barlow. My next move is to purchase a better finder. I have a problem locating almost anything with the 6 X 30 finder scope provided. I have been considering a Telrad, or Rigel Quickfinder.
I have thought of buying a scope of similar apperature and fol from a company with a better reputation, but was advised against such a purchase. The amatour astronomers I conferred with stated I would hardly notice a difference in any companies 114mm scopes. It is better to upgrade ep and finder scopes etc and than move up to a larger scope in the future. I can always use good eps and the like.